Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Why I Chose To Pollute the Environment and Make the World A Horrible Place




Last night, as my wife and I were lying in bed, we got onto the topic of "the environment." This was, of course, because of my last post, "Where My Environmentally Crazy Neighbor's Argument Breaks Down To Pish Posh."  Anyway, we were reminiscing on the time when we bought a push mower. No, not a gas or electric mower that does not have an automatic drive. We are talking PUSH mower...like in my old photo above. We felt we would help save the environment, which we did. Our thoughts were as follows:

1. Reduce emissions and save the earth.
2. Reduce the use of fossil fuels and save the earth.
3. Save money by eliminating the need to buy gas for a mower.
4. Get more exercise and be healthy.

Well, we left out one factor in the equation...that push mowers SUCK at cutting grass. Our lawn looked like we hacked it with a machete.  And we bought the top of the line model too. We endured this for most of a summer then finally said, "Screw it!"

Lesson learned: sometimes we have to balance effectiveness with saving the earth. 

2 comments:

  1. We were thinking of buying an electric motor mower, but that was mostly because I think that gas mowers are stinky. Our cheap ways got to us, and we ended up with a gas one.

    ReplyDelete