Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Savory Thai Noodles As Easy To Make As 1,2,3 And With Ingredients You Already Have In Your Cupboard



I got this recipe from my sister-in-law Jessica. I love it not only because it is delicious, but because it is simple and can be made with everyday ingredients that you should already have in your kitchen.

UPDATE:


I know I said that this recipe could be made from "everyday ingredients that you should already have in your kitchen," but I'm deviating a little from that thought. My Chinese neighbor brought me some special soy sauce that I used the last time I cooked this, and it tastes ten times better with it. 


 It's a seasoned soy sauce for use with meat dumplings. If you have a Chinese store in your area, I recommend that  you find some of this stuff. It makes this amazing recipe outrageous. Okay, back to the recipe.
INGREDIENTS:
2-3 medium sized carrots cut into short, thin sticks
1/2 a 17 oz package of spaghetti noodles, cooked in boiling water (you can use rice noodles, too)
1 cooked, boneless chicken breast, medium sized (I cook mine on the grill)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2/3 cup water taken from water used to cook the noodles



Chop 2-3 medium carrots into small, thin match stick looking pieces. Set aside 


Chop one cooked, medium sized, boneless chicken breast into small chucks. Like so. Set aside.


 Boil your water then cook your spaghetti noodles for eight minutes. While your noodles are cooking...



Heat  1/4 cup vegetable oil in a medium sized pot. (Can you even see the oil in this photo? It's hard to see, but it's there...and it's heated.)


Cook your carrots in the oil for 1-2 minutes.


Add chopped chicken breast and cook for another 1-2 minutes.


Stir in  2/3 cup chunky peanut butter, 4 tablespoons soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon sugar, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, and 2 teaspoons minced garlic. I will look thick like this.



Take 2/3 cup water from your boiling noodles before you strain them and mix it into the thick peanut sauce.


Pour the sauce on top of your noodles and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment