Monday, October 29, 2012

When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Cold Cereal


I had grand plans for dinner tonight. Grand plans indeed. I was going to make Hasselback Potatoes...
Roasted Red Pepper Soup...
And glazed chicken.
I got the dinner started. I prepared my Hasselback potatoes. All ready to cook.
Cut up my ingredients for the soup.
I mixed up the spices for the glazed chicken. But, the busyness of life got in the way. I couldn't complete it on time for when Fauneil would get home from work. I was no where close.
I don't know what I was thinking. How did I expect to cook a dinner like that, with a schedule like this?
So we scrapped the fancy dinner idea and pulled out all the cold cereal.

I even pulled out the good stuff (the sugared cereals) that we only use on special occasions (Like this one).

The kids were very happy about this.

So we dined on cold cereal, tonight. Some nights, a nice dinner just doesn't fit in the schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment